News & Events - Cartridge Heater vs Insertion Heater vs Pencil Heater? - BriskHeat

Cartridge Heater vs Insertion Heater vs Pencil Heater?

August 23, 2018 11:49:35 AM EDT by BriskHeat

Process heating is a requirement for the manufacture of basic materials and components for products we use every day. We see it being used in the creation of steel, textile, packaging, cement, and even computer chips.

Electric process heating tools are required to make this happen. As you probably know, these tools come in a variety of shapes, sizes, finish materials, watt densities, wattage, and voltage ratings.  

They include a variety of types of heaters - band heaters, strip heaters, immersion heaters, enclosure heaters and more. 

There is a particular kind of heater that is usually cylindrical, straight, and designed to go into a drilled hole. The heating element lies close to the sheath surface and come in diameters down to about 1/8 of an inch (3.175mm). 

Most in the industry call these products cartridge heaters. Others call them insertion heaters. They've also been called rod heaters. In some countries, including China and India, they are referred to as pencil heaters

But they are the same process heating device. 

In fact, if you do a Google search in the US for pencil or insertion heaters, the search engine returns "cartridge heaters" as a result almost every time (usually adding in "immersion heater" results for some reason.) 

So, if you weren't sure before, now you know you can confidently order cartridge heaters for your process heating needs. 

In fact, BriskHeat sells these heaters online. Check out our store: 

Shop for Cartridge Heaters Online